1. Sit quietly and wait for the concert to begin. You may talk softly while you are waiting. Do not talk or make noises during the performance. It can be very distracting to the performers.
2. Applaud after each full piece of music has been completed.
3. Sit quietly during the performance. When a performing organization presents a concert, they are putting forth their best effort; and they should expect the same from those in the audience.
4. Keep concert programs quiet during the performance.
5. If you must get up to leave during a concert, do so only at the end of a groups performance or between pieces. It is best if you stay for the entire concert.
6. Cell phones should be turned off or to mute. Watches set to beep on the hour should also be turned off. These high-pitched beeps are distracting to everyone. Listening to ipods or playing games during the performance is impolite to the performers.
7. Please use discretion in taking photos. Flash photos during a performance are extremely distracting for all.
8. Parents should keep small children seated with them and not allow them to move around during the concert. If very young children become restless and disrupt others' ability to listen, please take them from the performance area until they are quiet.
9. Please remove all hats.